The Kenwood TS-520S was one of the most popular radios ever sold at the time. It was famous for its reliability, quiet receiver and great audio.
The TS-520SE version is one of the last they ever made and this one hasn’t had much use. I’ve fully checked and tested it, attending to the usual problems people have with these radios.
- The board screws have been ‘nipped up’ as these often cause intermittent issues, especially in the power supply.
- The driver and PA valves have been tested to make sure they are good.
- The sockets for the above valves have been resoldered to address the common issue of dry joints.
- Full output is available on all bands.
- The alignment has been fully checked.
Condition wise, the radio is excellent and a great opportunity to enjoy an all-time classic.
I’m looking for a firm £245 for the radio…random ones in unchecked and poorer condition than this one bring this much money on eBay. Postage and packing will be about £30.
Here are the photos: